Applicants wishing to certify to the BOMA BEST 3.0 standard can expect to do so this summer, ahead of BOMA Canada’s official launch at BOMEX 2016 in September.
Stantec is leading the overhaul of the improved standard that replaces BOMA BEST Version 2.
The updated version will help normalize energy consumption and improve energy and water benchmarking methodologies. Features include new questionnaires for the office, light industrial and open air retail and shopping centre modules, along with a universal module.
Users are also told they can look forward to more flexibility with the new platform’s components, such as ongoing access to update metrics post-certification, continuous utility benchmarking and monitoring, improved reporting capabilities, portfolio views for multiple buildings and visible scores and scenario generation to project a proposed initiative’s impact on its BOMA BEST score.
Here are some important dates to remember:
- Summer 2016: BOMA BEST 3.0 soft launch.
- September 20-22, 2016: BOMA BEST 3.0 official launch at BOMEX in Regina.
- September 30, 2016: Last date to initiate certification/recertification on Version 2.
- October 1, 2016: All new applications begin only on BOMA BEST 3.0.
- February 28, 2017: All Version 2 assessments must be “locked.”
- March 1, 2017: Version 2 is no longer available.
- March 31, 2017: Final verifications and certifications under Version 2.