The United States Green Building Council (USGBC) elected new board members effective January 1, 2015.
“Delivering on the promise of developing buildings that sustain and enhance the vitality of life within a generation is no small undertaking,” said Rick Fedrizzi, chief executive officer and founding chair of the USGBC. “Our Board of Directors is comprised of representatives from many different segments of the building industry and will undoubtedly make great strides in the coming year.”
Individuals who will help shape and inform the green building movement for a period of three years include:
• Stephen Bushnell, principal at Stephen Bushnell + Associates: insurance seat (incumbent)
• Linda Chipperfield, vice-president of marketing and communications at Green Seal: environmental non-profit advocate seat (newly elected)
• Amy Costello, sustainability manager at Armstrong World Industries: product manufacturer seat (newly elected)
• Denise Grabowski, principal at Symbioscity: urban/regional planner seat (newly elected)
• Christopher Schaffner, principal and founder of The Green Engineer: sustainable practice leader: engineer seat (newly elected)
Additionally, members appointed for two years include:
• Mark James, founder and president of Urban Green LLC: sustainable community leader seat (formerly in the green affordable housing seat)
• Vance Voss, managing director and portfolio manager of Principal Real Estate Investors: commercial real estate executive leadership seat (newly appointed)
Fiona Cousins, principal at Arup, will serve as chair-elect and Lisa Matthiessen, principal at Integral Group, will become secretary.
Marge Anderson, executive vice-president of Energy Center of Wisconsin, will serve as chair, and George Bandy, vice-president of sustainability at Interface, will serve as immediate past chair.
Stuart Carron, founder and president at ENERGIZE RE LLC, will continue as treasurer.
A complete list of the USGBC roster can be found here.