Six Cadillac Fairview office towers in Vancouver, B.C. have received LEED certification, including five at the Gold level.
“Our tenants want greener, more cost effective buildings, and we understand that operating our properties sustainably is both the right thing to do and the smart thing to do,” said Tom Knoepfel, senior vice-president and portfolio manager at Cadillac Fairview (Western Canada), adding that green thinking has become a large part of the company’s day-to-day operations.
Cadillac Fairview’s other green initiatives include starting a Zero Waste program in its main buildings to divert 98 per cent waste from landfills.
The company’s HSBC Building, also in Vancouver, achieved LEED Gold in 2013. The six new buildings include:
- 200 Granville / Granville Square – Gold Certification
- 200 Burrard / Waterfront Centre – Gold Certification
- 701 West Georgia – Gold Certification
- 609 Granville / Canaccord Genuity Place – Gold Certification
- 700 West Georgia / TD Tower – Silver Certification
- 777 Dunsmuir – Gold Certification