Bill Stone, executive vice-president at CBRE, analyzes the Canadian hotel market’s performance in 2013, and offers his insights for the year ahead.
- After disaster strikes at a Southern Ontario elementary school, cleanup efforts revolve around ensuring occupant safety and providing community service
- A Certified Property Manager, or CPM, is a senior-level property management designation that is globally recognized. Created by the Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM),
- Whether it’s for safety, function or aesthetics, lighting has a big impact on how a property looks and operates. Recent advances in technology have allowed for enhanced lightning solutions that are both energy efficient and affordable
- As utility costs continue to climb, it’s no surprise that building managers in both new and old buildings are experiencing increasing pressure from their tenants to take advantage of cost savings opportunities and to demonstrate that they have achieved the savings.
- Mould is a common problem, particularly in buildings with damp basements or after a flood. Though mould exists everywhere, amplified mould growth can cause severe health problems and lead to costly damages, including litigation.
- “Leadership has an ethical core, and ethics means not just making good decisions, but leading others in making good decisions.” – Chris MacDonald, Founding Director
- The retrofit process for boilers should start long before out-of-date or insufficient systems start to fail.
- In January 2014, the City of Toronto introduced a program to help support energy efficiency and water conservation improvements in rental apartment buildings. The High-rise