Stephen Sender, managing director and industry head of real estate global investment banking, Scotiabank discusses today’s capital market environment and what the real estate industry can expect in 2013.
- After disaster strikes at a Southern Ontario elementary school, cleanup efforts revolve around ensuring occupant safety and providing community service
- The retrofit process for boilers should start long before out-of-date or insufficient systems start to fail.
- Canadian winters are no walk in the park. From gusting winds and snow squalls to plunging temperatures and heavy snow falls, the weather this time of year can be hard to predict—and hard on buildings. But there are a few steps property managers can take to guard against the potential damages of extreme weather...
- One of the most important aspects of property management is human resources.
- In January 2014, the City of Toronto introduced a program to help support energy efficiency and water conservation improvements in rental apartment buildings. The High-rise
- If you’re interested in becoming a Certified Property Manager, learning about the financial tools involved with investment real estate is on the agenda.
- As utility costs continue to climb, it’s no surprise that building managers in both new and old buildings are experiencing increasing pressure from their tenants to take advantage of cost savings opportunities and to demonstrate that they have achieved the savings.
- “Leadership has an ethical core, and ethics means not just making good decisions, but leading others in making good decisions.” – Chris MacDonald, Founding Director