Peter Altobelli, Vice President Sales, General Manager, YARDI, discusses the future of investment software and technology’s use of ‘big data’ as it pertains to the real estate industry.
- Mould is a common problem, particularly in buildings with damp basements or after a flood. Though mould exists everywhere, amplified mould growth can cause severe health problems and lead to costly damages, including litigation.
- Canadian winters are no walk in the park. From gusting winds and snow squalls to plunging temperatures and heavy snow falls, the weather this time of year can be hard to predict—and hard on buildings. But there are a few steps property managers can take to guard against the potential damages of extreme weather...
- After disaster strikes at a Southern Ontario elementary school, cleanup efforts revolve around ensuring occupant safety and providing community service
- A Certified Property Manager, or CPM, is a senior-level property management designation that is globally recognized. Created by the Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM),
- If you’re interested in becoming a Certified Property Manager, learning about the financial tools involved with investment real estate is on the agenda.
- In early September 2015, a large sinkhole formed on Ness Avenue in Winnipeg following a heavy thunderstorm that struck the city. The appearance of the
- Emergencies happen when you least expect them. From floods and burst pipes, to fires and severe damage caused by extreme weather, planning for the worst is the best way to recover after a major disaster.
- In January 2014, the City of Toronto introduced a program to help support energy efficiency and water conservation improvements in rental apartment buildings. The High-rise